Who is this for?
- Are you (almost) a graduate of anthropology, another social science, design, architecture, journalism, or any other related field and are you wondering how to explain to a future employer what you have to offer?
- Do you have inhibitions about whether working in industry, government or NGO’s is right for you as a nuanced researcher?
- Are you a professional (academic or otherwise) working in or with research, who would like to learn more about ethnography, or about translating research into prototypes through design?
- Would you like to learn how to pitch research processes to clients and stakeholders?
- Are you interested in challenging yourself in a team-based bootcamp pressure-cooker?
- Then join a Namla bootcamp!
How does it work?
In the bootcamp you conduct a small research for a stakeholder, and we guide you through the process from beginning to end. This means you not only learn how to do rapid ethnography, but also how to develop and test an intervention through design thinking techniques, and how to sell your found solution in a pitch. In short, we tell you about all the products and processes we use in our jobs, to explain to our bosses and clients what we are doing and why it is important.
Bootcamps can take place digitally or live on-site. Each option has its own advantages, in our experience. Either process is intense and according to us, a little magical!
Anyone can participate in digital bootcamps. We are located in Europe, but have had participants located in almost all time zones and continents in the past. What you need is a stable internet connection, and a week of time. If you are able to do the bootcamp full-time during the week, your learning process will be extra valuable to you. However, if you are able to spend 20 or 30 hours, this is enough.
Live bootcamps are just like digital bootcamps but take place onsite, and thus require a solid time investment of a week.
When is the next one?
On the agenda are:
AnthroArt: Social Inclusion, live, Bucharest, Romania, May 2023
AnthroArt: Social Inclusion, live, Coimbra, Portugal, June 2023
AnthroArt: Social Inclusion, live, Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 2023
AnthroArt: Social Inclusion, digital, september 2023
AnthroArt: Sustainability, live, Bucharest, Romania, 2024, date to be confirmed
AnthroArt: Sustainability, live, Coimbra, Portugal, 2024, date to be confirmed
AnthroArt: Sustainability, live, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2024, date to be confirmed
AnthroArt: Sustainability, digital, 2024, date to be confirmed
Want to be informed when applications for any bootcamp open up? Sign up with your email on this form!